Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB 18 Flashing trafficators

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DB 18 Flashing trafficators

Post by Phillmore »

Geoff Douglas wrote:Before I go out and dismantle my trafficators, can anyone pander to my natural laziness by telling me whether I need to order 31 or 36mm festoon flashicators for my 1954 Century? Then I'll only need to take them apart once.

Geoff
So where does that leave us regarding bulb size as I only have trafficators?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Dave

Thank you for that excellent suggestion. It's very tempting but will require significant disturbance of the existing wiring; the wiring for the current flashers has simply been taken off the semaphore feeds at the junction box, but it wouldn't be too difficult to revise using a separate 3 position switch for the semaphores. It might even be possible to retain the steering wheel hub control for both semaphores and indicators and switch between the two, but I'll need to think about how to do that for a little longer.

Andy

Sorry I haven't got to that stage yet, not sure when I will; perhaps someone else can still answer that for us?

Cheers

Geoff

Dave Glyde

Post by Dave Glyde »

I fitted the 36mm in my DB18/2
Dave in Dartford
1948 DB18/2.

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

SF type trafficators (as fitted to all 50s Daimlers) take the standard 36mm slimline festoon bulb.(or flashicator)

D&RC's 31mm bulbs are for "foreign" cars!!!!
Normal for Norfolk

HenryC
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by HenryC »

Hello,

I too have separate circuits for indicators and trafficators but the indicators work off the original switch on my Century.

The trafficators from a extra 'centre off' switch mounted under dashboard, which I use on rallies and weddings. Sounds awkward but you get used to it.
Cheers, Henry Curwen
Registrar for Conquest & Century Saloons (DJ250/1, DJ256/7, DJ260/1)

Conquest (Drop Head) Coupe DJ252

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Thanks for the info Neil.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Henry

Thanks for your suggestion, if I can't figure out how to do both from the usual switch but at different times I'll go that way.

Dave, Neil

Thanks for confirming the bulb size.

Best regards

Geoff