Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB 18 Flashing trafficators

Mark Bullen

DB 18 Flashing trafficators

Post by Mark Bullen »

A beautiful day and a chance to do a few miles in the car with its new 'not MOT', fitted flashing leds into the trafficators in a couple of minutes and very pleased I am. A bit of extra safety. If you buy some then read the website carefully as I failed to and have ended up with a spare set!
Its great being in an old car and people stopping to chat and find out what it is, surprising amount of knowledge as well.

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DB 18 Flashing trafficators

Post by Phillmore »

I agree and I suppose that's ultimately why we have classic cars. Maybe some derive more pleasure from restoration but for me it's driving (and fixing) and driving again. I'm currently fixing!

Do you have a link to the site with the flashing trafficators Mark?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Here's a link:
http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.c ... -bulbs.php

Mark, what was the problem with them when you ordered?

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Mark, here is the E-Bay link for these LED Indicator Bulbs:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EA2B-Our-famo ... SwHnFVjonG

I fitted them to my Lanchester some time ago, and I have to say that they are very effective especially at nighttime.
I did produce a short video showing how effective they are, but alas it's on the old Forum and I do not have access to it anymore ......Ho-Hum !

Cheers A'l

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

What a genuinely innovative idea. I always prefer to keep original trafficators rather than convert to flashing indicators and this seems the very best of both worlds. Originality and safety!
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Mark Bullen

Post by Mark Bullen »

My mistake was to not read the website carefully which said sold in pairs so ended up with 4 rather than 2, totally my fault. So a couple of spares or might have to sell them. I used dynamo regulators and the service was very quick

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

I also bought "flashicators" from this firm and what a godsend they are!

The firm has also converted two control boxes to solid state for me and did a wonderful job.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

davidkay

Post by davidkay »

Hi Mark
I have sent you several Emails and had no response!!
I would like to purchase at said price.
Dave

Mark Bullen

Post by Mark Bullen »

Dave

Good morning, think something strange might be happening, did you get my email on the 19th March? I've checked my email and spam and can't find anything from you since but happy to sell. Do you use PayPal?

Mark Bullen

Post by Mark Bullen »

Dave, just emailed again and got a not deliverable message so there could be a problem with you getting my emails. Mark