Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DQ450 door cards and seals

JDB

DQ450 door cards and seals

Post by JDB »

Hi all, since the old forum seems to be down, I have registered for the new one and will pose the same question as I did on the other forum. Does anyone know whether the Majestic Major's front door cards should be attached to the door along the entirety of their bottom edge? If they should, do they sit in a position where the door's lower seal pushes up against them or do they sit above the seal so the seal is against the metal of the door frame? Thanks for your help, JB (formerly registered as "JohnnyB" now "JDB"; I prefer it).

JDB

Re: DQ450 door cards and seals

Post by JDB »

Right, just in case anyone is losing sleep over the solution to this, the door cards do attach at the bottom and the seals do butt up against them; unfortunately this means I will have to buy the correct door seals at huge expense!
Cheers JB

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Hi JB, I wasn't losing any sleep over this, and unfortunately I wasn't able to get at mine to have a look for you but the answer you put here will be useful to me in the future when I eventually get to doing some restoration on the old car. Thanks, Chris.
So, as you changed from JohnnyB to JDB, should I consider changing from Chris_R to CDR?

JDB

Post by JDB »

Thanks for the reply Chris. As "John B" appears to be a bit of a mover and a shaker on the new forum I thought "JDB" would avoid any confusion.
The question was posed only as a result of my own laziness, I knew I had one door card with enough original integrity to supply the answer but it was up at my rented garage. If I made the door card smaller I would be able to use a generic door seal common to many British classics but with the correct size I need proper seals (cheapest available seems to be from Phoenix Trim). The bottom seal is still the original one but getting a door card with new MDF backing to conform to the lower line of the door will require scoring the MDF, which at least now, I know is necessary.
Cheers, JB