Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Original conquest radios ?

Trabant77

Original conquest radios ?

Post by Trabant77 »

I'm just in the middle of restoring the original car radio for my conquest century being a bit good with electronics I love working in old valve equipment . Just wondering how many of us still have this rather expensive optional extra apparently costing £51 in 1954 !

Mine is now fully up and running and fitted with a line in so I can attach an FM tuner and mp3 player to it.

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Original conquest radios ?

Post by Phillmore »

I have the original radio in my old Mk1. It doesn't work but it looks the part :). I have a slightly later one in one of my Mk2s which does work though.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Daimlenz

Post by Daimlenz »

Not quite Conquest, but I managed to find a correct one for my DB18. I knew the age was about right, but couldn't believe my luck when it bolted straight onto the existing brackets where there would have been one originally! Unfortunately valves are a black art to me, but I found probably the last valve expert here to get it going for me and can pick up two whole channels sometimes. Having the original aerial which is mounted under the car is probably not ideal, but if I can get hold of a suppressor I should be able to hear it with the engine running too!
Attachments
radio.jpg
Things beginning with D:
DB 18 DHC
DB 17
DA Dodge
D2 Dodge
Don't ask me why...

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Any chance of a picture of your radio Trabant?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster