Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Conquest Roadster and New DHC

Beat Weibel

Daimler Conquest Roadster and New DHC

Post by Beat Weibel »

Dear experts

Could someone please outline the différences between the two models. I am in particular interested in any difference in the handling, driving and performance of the two models.

The apparent outer differences like three seater, wind-up windows and hood are known to me.

Thanks and best regards
Beat

Bonzodog

Re: Daimler Conquest Roadster and New DHC

Post by Bonzodog »

There should not really be any difference in handling or performance at all since the two models were mechanically identical except (and here I am speaking from memory) that the New DHC had the Mk2 HD6 carbs rather than the earlier model's H6's. In theory the New DHC should be a bit slower due to the weight of wind up windows, better quality hood and the third seat which obviously permits carrying one more passenger which would be the most significant weight penalty. In practice I doubt you would feel any difference.

Beat Weibel

Post by Beat Weibel »

Thanks. That´s what I expected.
BR
Beat

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

Yes that is correct the Roadster is slightly faster. I think most people prefer the Roadster as it has a more sporty body with the longer back. The sideways seat in the back of the NDHC is only useful for small people and then only with the hood down. In fact I always had that seat out of mine as I was able to move the driving seat further back.
They are both good cars and seem to be going up in price.

Nickthompson

Post by Nickthompson »

The Roadsters were built with a 3.73:1 hypoid final drive (rear axle) making it quicker off the mark than the heavier New Drophead coupe with its 4.11:1 final drive, although it was an option to order the 3.73:1.