Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

conquest century self lube system

AlbertHamilton

conquest century self lube system

Post by AlbertHamilton »

I have a conquest century 1957,the track rod ends have a self lube system,can anyone tell me if it is oil or grease lubricated and where the container for same is located. Thank You in anticipation......Albert

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: conquest century self lube system

Post by Phillmore »

Hi Albert, it is oil (140 grade I believe) and the reservoir is at the front on the driver's side (under the bonnet). If it is empty the system will probably need bleeding which is not straightforward!!
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

140's a bit on the thick side, Andy and won't "run" with the small temperature increase of the chamber.

The good book says 90 grade, but if it's empty a thinner grade needs to be used to get all the air out - suggest 30, then once primed, top up with 90.

Albert - if you want a "cheat" way to prime the system - as I think the factory are fresh out of priming pumps :D -, give me a ring (number in back of DM)
Normal for Norfolk

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

My mistake Neil, I think I topped mine up with 50 grade to try to get things moving.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster