Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

conquest century curtasy light switches.

AlbertHamilton

conquest century curtasy light switches.

Post by AlbertHamilton »

Can any Gentlman enlighten me as to where I can aquire curtercy light switches for century 1957,Thank you in anticipation,Pillar mounted

bakergh

Re: conquest century curtasy light switches.

Post by bakergh »

Hi Albert

Are your switches missing or just not working?
If just not working all they need is a clean. The switch contacts are exposed when the switch is removed and can be carefully cleaned with fine emery paper or similar.

Graham

AlbertHamilton

interior curtasy light switches

Post by AlbertHamilton »

Dear Bakergh,Firstly TYVM for replying, my light switches are completely seized and not functional,.I will try to clean and see if they can be made to work .My thank again ,will post if successful.

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

I wasn't aware Conquests had courtesy light switches............................
Normal for Norfolk

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Mine has Bakelite toggle switches on the door pillars.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Sorry, Andy, I was referring to "automatic door operated" ones as opposed to the "manual" type.

All the Conquests i have owned are/were similar to yours, with the bakelite pillar switches - the only (standard ex works) car of the era to have automatic interior lights as far as I know was the One - 0 - Four.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

I suppose back in the day James would have flicked the switch before one alighted and prior to not sparing the horses ;)
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

John Davis

Post by John Davis »

A pair of these are for sale on Ebay. 17.99 seems reasonable but not cheap. Look under 'Daimler Conquest'.

Graham

Post by Graham »

With the postage it's 20 quid plus and 6 days to go. I am after one of these but not really wanting to pay £20.00 . So if any one only requires 1 I will go halves. I'm off to the stores next week to pick up an exhaust for my lj200 and having a few days down the new forest in holiday, guess I could ask john Nash if he as any

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

They come up for sale rarely so may be worth getting them while you can.

Dennis