Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

MOT Test Exemptions Vol 2!

terryfrombury

MOT Test Exemptions Vol 2!

Post by terryfrombury »

Some of you may remember that a couple/thee months ago I was asking about the implications of getting an exempt car tested. The consensus seemed to be to get the garage to do a pre-MOT exam, rather than an actual MOT Test!
Well, today I finally got round to that. The delay was caused by getting the camber right - and thanks to the guys at ATS Frodsham who were so helpful with their modern, state-of-the-art suspension measuring equipment. Anyway, took the car this morning for its "test" and it passed with flying colours.
Consequently I thought I really ought to come on here to express my thanks formally to so many of you who have been so helpful with information and advice. I`m reluctant to try to name all the names as, with my failing memory, I`d probably miss someone out, but I really should say a special thanks to the guys in Australia and to Ian Venables and David Barlow. I can`t give enough praise to the lads at Niphos Electroplating in Crewe, to Mike Peters for his incredible range of nuts and bolts, and to PF Autos in Tunstall for the fantastic paint job. If you`re after a coach trimmer, then I can certainly give you one or two names not to use!
Finally I have to say a great, "Thank You" to David Beales for his incredible stock of parts and for his in-depth knowledge of the DB18 and the Special Sports. I know that with the repair work he does, he can sometimes be difficult to get hold of, but I also know that without his help my car would still be far, far from finished.
Thanks everyone!
Terry

Crossley Stephenson

Re: MOT Test Exemptions Vol 2!

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

Well done Terry, how about some photos?

Will be in Thornton Clevelys mid-next year, how far away are you?

Michael

terryfrombury

Post by terryfrombury »

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your message - and all the earlier help. I`ll certainly post some photos, but I need to take some fresh ones as all the existing ones are without hubcaps before I`d sorted out the camber angles.
Hey - a bit posh going to Thornton Cleveleys!!! Actually it`s a great place. Probably about 60-70 miles from us, so for an antipodean it`s only a cock`s stride! It would be a pleasure to see you!
Cheers
Terry

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Terry, many congrats for sticking at it, despite a number of setbacks.

I'm sure it now looks perfect.

Would be great to see it, so how about Wem on Sunday 16th June. Sure to be another ss, plus other Daimlers, but alas no The Duke (next year !!)

terryfrombury

Post by terryfrombury »

Hi David
Wem on 16th July (presumably) would be great but for one little problem - we have what can only be described as a landmark wedding anniversary on 15th! We have folk coming from all over the place, plus enormous stocks of alcohol, so I doubt if I would be in any fit state to drive to the end of our road, let alone to Wem, on 16th!
Is there any other event in the area in the rest of July or in August?
Cheers
Terry

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Well done to your better half !!

I think the next local rally might be market Drayton in August. I'll have a look and see if I can find details.

terryfrombury

Post by terryfrombury »

You`re right, David! She`s put up with a heck of a lot for a long time! :lol: