Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Seat belts

davidkay

Re: Seat belts

Post by davidkay »

Hi Andy.

I think we have opened a can of worms with this topic. It is not a perfect world we live in and there are a lot of idiots on the roads that we must share with them and hope not to get involved with these mindless fools that don't care about anyone or any thing IE no licence. no insurance. drunk etc.
I would love to have my car without belts as I am sure most would or perhaps not.

Interesting topic to talk about.

All the best
Dave

davidkay

Post by davidkay »

Hi Geoff.
Thank you for sending the pictures of your car seat belt arrangement, it looks pretty good to me how you have fitted them.
Your car looks smashing, did you do the work yourself or get a coachtrimmer to do it as it is very hard to get that finnish. Lovely.
I shall order the front belts tomorrow Securon 500/cv with the 45cm stalk/cable.

Your help was very helpful.
All the best
Dave.

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Hi Dave

No problem at all.

The trim was done by a gentleman near Glasgow, a real find! He did a superb job during the winter of 2014/15. Unfortunately perhaps his fame is spreading because good coachtrimmers are very rare in Scotland. It was a difficult decision because the rear seats are still in superb condition, but the original front seats, door trims and carpets were in an irreparable state. The front seats especially; something to do with adopting a position facing the rear of the dashboard many times to deal with a variety of wiring problems over the past 10 years.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=381

Good luck with the new belts

Regards

Geoff
Attachments
Dauphin seat belt 03.16 006.JPG

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

Geoff I have a Specification Booklet at home for the Dauphin below are photos I have with me on my iPad
lel.jpg
144_large.jpg
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Hi Darren

Thank you for this. I've never seen the Dauphin specification in this format, although I have a copy of the details in a different form, and many photos, plans, drawings and other articles, some from the Hooper archives at the Science Museum in Wroughton. I think that the details may have changed slightly between the original two Lanchester cars and the later six Daimler DJ256 cars with the same or similar Hooper bodies. Would you be willing to scan or photograph the booklet?

Regards

Geoff