Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Docker's Daimlers

Bonzodog

Docker's Daimlers

Post by Bonzodog »

The book is now on sale - simply google "Amberley Publishing Daimler".

Next job to do is my biography of Norah Docker... In the meantime, a big thank you to everyone who helped with information and especially photos.

Richard

Beat Weibel

Re: Docker's Daimlers

Post by Beat Weibel »

Great, congratulations! I will order one.
Best wishes
Beat

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Well done. I hope you will be suitably rewarded, one way or another.

DPC159

Post by DPC159 »

A copy will ship to Italy !

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

Copy arrived yesterday morning most informative book
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

A very concise useful book with all the information that you need in a handy form.

Dennis

GJT

Post by GJT »

Ordered ! G.

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Thank you Richard!

Ordered/awaited.

Cheers

Geoff

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

The book is popular already!
It's a pity we can't create a poll on this forum because I can think of a few questions that bonzodog may have addressed in the book.

Why are so many people interested in the Docker Daimlers, bearing in mind that few of us could afford one? Perhaps it's because we can only look and gawp.

The Daimlers were mostly unbelievably ostentatious which seems to have stopped the royal family from buying any more, except the Queen Mother. (I'm not sure of my facts here. There is a story of King Edward 7th or George 5th giving up Daimlers after one broke down.) Lady Docker seems to have behaved more like a media star rather than a stuffy upper class lady. Was that a benefit or a hindrance to the company?

Was the production of Docker Daimlers and their promotion on trips to the south of France beneficial to the company, either short term or long term?

Was the expenditure and diversion of resources ultimately so expensive that it harmed the company?

Despite misgivings about the whole concept of the special cars, I want to buy the book to learn more about the Dockers as well as the construction of the cars.

Rolf B.

Post by Rolf B. »

Good afternoon,

for all who are interested in the Dockers there's a amusing video with title "The Extravagant Docker Daimlers" on youtube:

Regards
Rolf