Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

EL24 cylinderhead

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: EL24 cylinderhead

Post by grahamemmett »

Colin, you're such a comedian! A decision? There might be some fudge, although even that's unlikely.
But then do we ever get to see the board minutes?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

I have been told that the subject was discussed, and have been asked to 'wait out' for further information, so that is what I am doing. It is really encouraging to see so many members supporting this particular project, so thank you all.

Mark

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

It is encouraging to hear this Mark and thank you also for your efforts.

Ron

ttajf

Post by ttajf »

Hello all,
Mark is correct in that the EL24 project was discussed at the last board meeting on Thursday 24th.
We are all very appreciative of the excellent work put in by Claudio and others, It is important to keep cars on the road after all that is what they are for.. with the EL24 head project being well on the way to completion by 2 separate parties, if we are to consider funding any project it is surely prudent to for the Board to be in possession of all the facts and figures, who gets what, and who is going to own what? etc . We do have money in the bank as we all know but it is not a bottomless pit. We have to consider the best use of the members money, which is where we are at the moment.
Tony
Kind regards
Tony Fardoe
Chairman DLOC.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Thank you for the information Tony but to me it reads that the board is still pondering while these two projects forge ahead under-written by individual members. I wonder if there had been an early offer of financial support there would now be one consolidated effort rather than two different paths taken to get the end result?
I would like to see the Board create and publish a policy on support for the re-manufacturing of obsolete parts. I'm certain that some criteria could be set and each weighted for importance so anything above a particular score would qualify. Then enthusiastic members who want to get something done can understand what the criteria are how their projects might score against the policy.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

The board have for as long as I remember been open to people asking for funding for shows etc as long as the request was submitted before the event.
We are now considering parts manufacture and that has some additional considerations.
It's only a year since they created a position for someone to be contacted regarding remanufacture of parts. That shows there is a willingness to investigate possibilities.
If anyone is looking to make parts my email address is in the DM, they can contact me and I will put proposals to the board.
It is unfortunate that 2 people are tooling up for a low production run but that doesn't mean the club will not be able to assist.
A few years ago Alan Wheatley and myself set about making Lanchester 10 and Daimler 15 wheel nuts. Both of us investing our time and money in the process. Fortunately we have both managed to cover the cost but the demand was just big enough .

tescaparts

Post by tescaparts »

Next update:
The first head is casted.
Regards
Claudio
Attachments
IMG_1950.JPG

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Great work Claudio and comforting to know that replacement cylinder head for our cars is not mission impossible!

Ron

tescaparts

Post by tescaparts »

...and now a picture of the cleaned head.After nearly 80 years the first new one.
Attachments
IMG_1956 neu.jpg

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Wow!! Superb job, Claudio.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk