Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Which pass/spotlamp

charles howlett

Which pass/spotlamp

Post by charles howlett »

Can anyone tell me which pass or spot lamps are suitable/correct for a DE model please?

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Which pass/spotlamp

Post by Db n j »

fwiw the DB18 Sports special and empress of the same era used the SFT575.

(this is 5 1/4 inch lamp)

Also have seen SFT700 lamps used. (this is 7 inch lamp)

The first is a limited supply item, with no reproduction available, whereas the 700 is more widely
available, and I believe available as a repro.

charles howlett

Post by charles howlett »

Thank you. I have looked at the SFT700 and that seems to be quite popular amongst some of the Daimlers of that era.

I have seen a couple of examples so fitted and attach a couple of photos. I think the smaller ones are FT157s or 57s and they are rare and consequently very expensive.
Attachments
DSCF2607.JPG
DSCF2606.JPG

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

The ft75 was fitted to the db18, so would be look correct for the period.

Second hand not expensive, for example
I sold one recently to a guy in France for a few euro.

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Post by John Hitchins »

My DB18 did have the one pass lamp but I was told now illegal so have 2 now. I have to admit my lighting is not sufficient
for these days.
Once driving in the dark I got cars flashing me as when the main headlights went out the pass lamps came on. To other drivers my car must have looked odd with just the additional torpedo lights on the wings. Luckily the law is not too tight on this but I no longer drive in the dark with the car. I think trafficators must be still legal too. Infact the only legal addition in law I believe is the windscreen washers back in the 60s.