Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DJ254

Crossley Stephenson

DJ254

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

There are a few DJ254 members on the Forum who make various posts from time to time. I was wondering if we should have our own section on the Forum or exchange email addresses so that we can keep in touch with the progress of our cars?

Any thoughts?
Michael

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: DJ254

Post by Salmons »

Hello Michael,

This is a good idea There seems to be very little contact between owners of the DJ254 or DJ255.

As Joint Registrar I only hear from some owners when they are carrying out restoration or have a problem, others never make contact.

It is not easy to pass on some information as I we are not allowed to pass on the contact details of owners to anyone even other owners, without prior permission.

The forum would be an ideal place for members to make contact.

Dennis

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I could set you up a website like the one I have for the DB18? It can have a forum and a document store as well as a parts wanted/available section. It can be limited to registered users if you wish although the DB18 site is open.
Have a look at DB18.org and see.
(It doesn't cost anything.)
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

As a generalisation, most forums I have known don't create separate forums for categories that won't get many posts, usually because lots of little used forums end up cluttering up the forum index, and they are pruned eventually.

We did separate V8s from other Daimlers because the combined forum was getting far too busy. The next category for separation in due course may be the DB18s which also have a lot of posts.

Setting up a separate website with a chat box or inbuilt forum is what the SP250 people have done, (but I get the impression it isn't used much), so a website just for DJ254s is a good idea but may not be used much. Please carry on using this forum which is backed by the DLOC board and will give you general information about all club marques.

If you use the search button with DJ254 DJ255 and use "Search for ANY terms" it comes up with five pages of posts, so that is a fairly quick way to keep in touch.

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

I think it best to use this Forum as the DJ254 and DJ255 were not built in large numbers.

Dennis

Pendle

Post by Pendle »

I agree with the last couple of posts. It is useful to keep the mechanical discussion for all Conquests in one place. While the DJ 254/255 have a number of unique issues, most information is relevant to the entire Conquest range.
I suggest that we start a thread on this forum (or just continue this thread), with each DJ254/255 owner preparing a short post on the status of their car, including a photograph.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

As a 256 owner and 252/4 admirer, I agree with Chris.

Regards

Geoff