Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler light 20

Tomm45

Daimler light 20

Post by Tomm45 »

Hi,
I was wondering if someone on here could help me. I recently purchased two daimlers. The 1st is a 1936 light 20 saloon and the second is a 1937 light 20 Wingham.
I am trying to 1st figure out if I paid away over the odds for the two and secondly am trying to find out the exact models and see if I can trance any history on them.
The two cars were fully restored about 20 years ago and have been in storage and not running for the last 10 years so I have to deal with the possibility of stuck engines brakes etc.
I have found an early photo of the Wingham on the internet the reg is DVK 907.
Any advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Thomas
[ SX 4302 & DVK 907 ]
Attachments
IMG_4250.PNG
IMG_4249.PNG
IMG_4248.PNG
IMG_4247.PNG

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Daimler light 20

Post by John-B »

Welcome to the forum. What beautiful cars you have found - at least from the outside.

Have you informed the DLOC registrar? If they are classed with the Daimler 15 the registrar is Clive Hawkins who would be interested in the history of the cars.
If they are E20 cars the registrar can be contacted via username " theoldman " on this forum.

We also have a section on this forum where you can post histories viewforum.php?f=29

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

They are E20s and Thomas has been in touch. Hopefully they will be back in use very soon!
Neil
Normal for Norfolk

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Welcome to the forum Thomas.

Isn't it amazing that cars like these keep turning up, and in such good condition, well done Thomas, hope they turn out to be what you expect, one thing is for sure, when you do get them on the road they will be great to drive.