Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest Century Twin S.U carbs.

AlbertHamilton

Conquest Century Twin S.U carbs.

Post by AlbertHamilton »

My conquest century is running to rich, does anyone know of a mechanic in the Telford Area that knows how to tune same,I have not been able to find one. PLEASE Help !!!!!!

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: Conquest Century Twin S.U carbs.

Post by A.N.Other »

I can't help with supplying a mechanic but I can help with the info that will help.
SU publish a booklet called the Workshop Manual. It can be purchased from Burlen.
You sometimes see copies at autojumbles etc and it makes it possible that even a basic home DIYer can tune the carbs.
I think that if you go to Burlen fuel systems web site they have a technical page for each of the carb types and the info can be accessed from there. I prefer the book as you can rest it on the bulkhead while working.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

I'm down in Penkridge if that helps - but first you must check the tappets and make sure the ignition timing is correct. Are they the earlier carbs, or HD6 diaphragm ones?

Email me at sleevevalve.mail.com

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Albert,

I live in Newport, so not a million miles away.

I don't have anyone in mind, but I do leave nearby, so happy to chat.

I do have a Gunson Colourtune and a device to balance twin carbs if they are of any use.

Regards

db