Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Majestic Major chassis 136782

Marcus

Daimler Majestic Major chassis 136782

Post by Marcus »

Forum members, I have just purchased this vehicle from the estate of bernard Beaumont. It has been stored outside for some time. Chassis number has been provided by the vendor so may not be right. The car appears to be a bit of a shed so likely to yield parts only. The engine is destined to go into the green majestic Major rolling shell that I purchased earlier this year and which was pictured on this forum.
Any member looking for specific parts at sensible prices can drop me a line and I’ll make sure they are removed from the vehicle.
Assuming it is as bad as it looks the shell will be scrapped.
Attachments
95DEA0F3-36BF-4B61-A7F3-4EA82E5650A4.png

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler Majestic Major chassis 136782

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi Marcus,
Mark Bearman here in Australia is increasing the line of rubber spares he is manufacturing for our cars and needs some examples of complete front and rear quarter window rubbers for cars like the Major to remanufacture.
Would they be salvageable from the car you have bought?
If so I will contact Mark direct and invite him to be in touch.
Kind regards
Peter Grant

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi Peter,
I haven’t seen them yet but I’m happy to remove them and send them over to him. Before doing so are you sure nobody else is already making these parts?
Can any forum member opine?

JDB

Post by JDB »

I spent quite a long time on-line searching for front and rear quarter light seals a couple of years ago (including Australian suppliers) with nothing turning up. I seem to remember John Nash told me they are not available anywhere new. It'd certainly be useful if someone was able to re-manufacture them.
JB

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

I got some front and rear screen rubbers from John Nash which I think he said came from Australia but there weren't any quarter light rubbers available. If they are remanufactured I'd have a full set please.

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi,
I will contact Mark to let him know of the possibility of having a set of quarter rubbers available.
Next question, will these also fit Majestics and other large list war saloon eg Regency II and 104?
Peter Grant

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi,
I cannot speak for the regency/104 but I am certain they will fit the Majestic...trouble is there appears to be less of them around than the Majors!