Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest Drophead overheating

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Conquest Drophead overheating

Post by simonp »

Good advice I think Stan. I had got it into my head that rads never needed servicing if you used the car regularly.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

David Williamson

Post by David Williamson »

Thanks everyone.
No plans to do a major engine job as the car is running like a clock and performing very well. Only the overheating issue so I'll start with the radiator.

regards

David

pekkak

Post by pekkak »

My Conquest is from 1954 and had overheating problems (boiling on the road a couple of times). I changed the cylinder head gasket. At the same time I flushed the engine block. I noticed a lot of silt coming off between 5 and 6 cylinder holes. So reconed that was enough. No help, boiling again. The radiator core was renewed. They told that the original was of iron sheet metal. New core has 1,5 times more vertical tubes. Also I installed new fan from Mk II. It has 6 blades. Original has 2 blades. Now running fine.