Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB18 Trafficator Switch

qantasqf1

Re: DB18 Trafficator Switch

Post by qantasqf1 »

qantasqf1 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:12 pm Thanks for the unsolicited testimonial, Terry! Over the years I’ve bought any stuff at swap meets that may come in handy in the future as long as the price is sensible. It’s not often an owner wants something like trafficator switch parts, but when he or she does...! Ancient Lucas stuff in particular was once generally available at swaps, but supply of early control boxes, light switches and similar parts seems to be drying up.
Steve

clevitt

Re: DB18 Trafficator Switch

Post by clevitt »

The triggers arrived with yesterday's post, were fitted this morning and (out of car) tested this afternoon. The cancellation now works every time with the lever always returning to the central position. Many thanks Steve.
Just for the record, the old triggers were about 10 thou shorter than the new ones, but I also noticed some difference in the profile of the end that bears on the cam of the ring, which I think also contributed to the problem.
Thanks also to Hans, as that guide was a great help when installing the new triggers.
Chris