Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1950 Docker Daimler She is out and being worked on

Peter Ruifrok

Re: 1950 Docker Daimler She is out and being worked on

Post by Peter Ruifrok »

Colin, the Zebra is a different car. It is in a Dutch museum in the Hague. It is not a DE36.

1950showcar

I feel like a bad frog from across the pond

Post by 1950showcar »

Picture from Daimler Tradition
First off I would like to say sorry for not keeping better contact with the group. I really do feel like a bad frog from across the pond. The last year and a half has been interesting, frustrating and busy with everything going on in the world. For me life never stops, it just goes faster like the sticky accelerator pedal. I will try not to be too long winded.
Well I contacted Hyman LTD. and asked if it where possible to look at both DE36 GREEN GODDESS. Also to take pictures of anything that would help in my restoration "fender skirts" mostly and just a overall look. I was pleased when gave me the opportunity with the one they had for sale, the other was in Mark Hyman's personal collection. So no picture taking of that one. So I decided to fly to St. LOUIS MISSOURI and then drive to DENVER COLORADO on my way back to California. Both cars where amazing, the one for sale was a driving and restored, but not Concourse. The other was, let's say Best of Show. I had got as much knowledge, understanding and info. as I could obtain in the 3hrs. I was there. I definitely didn't want to infringe on anymore of their time, they where so kind to let me into their world in the first place. I was delighted just to see and take pictures of how the fender skirts worked. Mine where being held on by half the components and belling wire. As my friend and I got on the road she said they will have both of those cars for awhile at $795,000 ! Imagine how much the one in his collection would go for? Made it to Denver Library, had to sign in so they could pull out the Rippy & Osmond Rivers archives. The first thing the man behind the desk said was you must be restoring a Rolls or Bentley. I responded with no, it's better, it's a Daimler. They rolled a cart with five boxes on it. I wanted anything in the time frame of 1947-1957. I was allowed to take pictures of the archives only and I was being babysated the whole time. I took photos of anything remotely related and still to this day I have gone over all of it. I did find one of the most interesting finds, I will attach it. This is only one of many stories about my quest to restore a show car.
I thank you all for the inspiration and drive to do this
Many many thanks, Eric Weese
Attachments
Rendering rear compartment of my car
Rendering rear compartment of my car
This the # used by Hooper for Birdseye Maple
This the # used by Hooper for Birdseye Maple