Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler 15 fuel tank.

Robdavies

Daimler 15 fuel tank.

Post by Robdavies »

Hello, started working on the fuel tank today, removed the sender unit and fuel line conection without issue.
Next to the fuel lines is a high quality original threaded opening approximately 2 1/6 inches.
It was blanked of with a wooden bung and old mastic, does anyone know what this is, inspection port ?
The fuel filler is on the passenger side and is of poorer quality but looks original and matches up with filler position in the bodywork.
Any thoughts on this would be most welcome, cheers Rob.
Attachments
20180221_121611.jpg
20180221_121546.jpg

Robdavies

Re: Daimler 15 fuel tank.

Post by Robdavies »

Hello again,
Looking through the parts catalogue this opening is where the - outlet cone assembly, is supposed to be.
The pipes I have go in through the rather cobbled together affair shown in the photo.
It seemed to work but not very nice, does anyone have a photo or any information about what an - outlet cone assembly looks like or where a replacement could be obtained? Cheers Rob.
Attachments
20180221_123822.jpg
20180221_123803.jpg

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Daimler 15 fuel tank.

Post by Sydsmith »

Rob, I don't have access to my parts book at present but no doubt some one will respond to your request soon.

Looking at you photos of your tank, the item to the right of that big outlet looks very crude and not at all the sort of fitting Daimler would have used. it is not even square and is fitted with self tapper screws. I guess that was a fuel outlet modification and the large fitting was the original with some sort of adaptor that is missing.

I have had my tank off the car but can't recall how the fuel outlet worked, but as I say I am sure some one who does know will answer that very soon I am sure. Syd