Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Special Sports Fuel Woes

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Special Sports Fuel Woes

Post by Peter Grant »

OMG!
Working on this reminds me of the joke about the guy who went for a sperm test and after half an hour gave up because he couldn't remove the lid from the specimen jar.
I have the floor board out and the toe board tied up to the glove box hinges to give me access as I cannot remove the brake and gear change pedal levers.
None of the spanners in the tool box in the car would turn the unions into the fuel reserve tap but I found some more spanners and will try to get them out tomorrow night.
Michael I agree that bypassing the tap is the way to go. I will run some fuel,line from the inline filter back to the reserve line and hook that up once I can release the $&@);:? unions. I will then seal off the other line.
One day I will fit new corks or just swap,over for a good reconditioned one I have at home.
I just hope this will fix the problem.
I will report further.
Now I just wish I could get to sleep!
Cheers
Peter Grant

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Special Sports Fuel Woes

Post by Peter Grant »

:D lll :D :D :)
I am all smiles as I can report that the Special Sports is now running well.
I removed the reserve tap and rerouted the fuel from the reserve line straight through to the fuel filter and blanked off the other fuel,line with some fuel hose with a golf tee firmly inserted and carefully secured with jubilee clips.
What a to do getting adequate clearance and access to the tap but did it.
I doubt I will reinstate the tap now. Fingers crossed the fix will prove to be a permanent cure.
Woo hoo. Zoom zoom.
Peter Grant