Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

sad end

nobby

sad end

Post by nobby »

Last edited by nobby on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: sad end

Post by Phillmore »

The link doesn't work Nobby.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

nobby

Post by nobby »

try now or look here
www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

No it just says site can't be reached. Does it work for you?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Nope. I think the links are ok but the site is genuinely down.
Andy

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

I managed to make it work. TTV 687 appears to be the number. Silver over black Conquest.

Why steal an old car? I'd like to ask them the reasons for their action but sometimes it's difficult to understand a moron.

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Sad and pointless, interesting that the pre select did not deter the culprits!
Wonder if they got the door and ignition keys, or was the car open?

Ron

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

It was probably that it was pre-select that they set fire to it, they couldn't drive it properly.

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

New Dexter wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:28 pm I managed to make it work. TTV 687 appears to be the number. Silver over black Conquest.

Why steal an old car? I'd like to ask them the reasons for their action but sometimes it's difficult to understand a moron.
Because they're easy to steal. Quick to break into and easy to hot wire compared with modern vehicles with their anti theft devices and immobilisers. It happened to me about fifteen years ago. I'd parked my A40 outside college where I was doing an evening class. When I came out the car was gone. Police found it the next day burnt out in the middle of a local council estate.
Andy