Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Breaking Daimler Majestic Major DVB 400

Marcus

Breaking Daimler Majestic Major DVB 400

Post by Marcus »

Club members,
I have just collected chassis number 137192 reg DVB 400, a 1962 Majestic Major that has seen better days. I know that the car has been in long time dry storage but time hasn’t done it any favours. The drivers door fell off in my hands and there isn’t a straight panel on the car. It looks like it has been in a fight with a tank. Partially dismantled, it looks like the restoration stalled in the early nighties. The engine is going to be switched to the engineless MM I purchased last year but if any members with MM’s have other spares requirements please drop me a line and I will do my best to help. The bare shell will be listed on eBay and will likely end up on the banger track . I appreciate some club members view this as distasteful, however this is not a viable car to restore. If you want to restore a Major then contact me. I have 7 others that are much better prospects than this one.

JDB

Re: Breaking Daimler Majestic Major DVB 400

Post by JDB »

Hi Marcus, I've PM'd you regarding this, cheers, John.