Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Starting problem Daimler New DHC

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Starting problem Daimler New DHC

Post by Salmons »

It's either my eyes or my handwriting!

Dennis

CDemler

Post by CDemler »

Hi Simon,
It will not be one of the New DHC or Roadsters. Iam trying to come in a Conquest LHD Saloon.as well as the SP251 of course.
Chris

Beat Weibel

Post by Beat Weibel »

Dear all

Thanks a lot for your helpful advice. Today, I had a chance to go through all hints:
- checked the battery: ok.
- checked the fuel supply by detaching the supply pipe from the carb and priming the pump: also ok.
- checked the plugs: they look good and are the type as indicated by Neil.
- tightened the hand throttle cable and the chocke cable.
- lubricated the choke mechanism and moved it several times manually.
- tuned the ignition on and the car started on the button :D .

Best regards and again thanks for your help.

Beat
P.S. LQ 3-20 chassis No. 40958, Scottish show car with genuine 18500 miles is now mine. Taken home yesterday :D .
picture.JPG