Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

daimler majestic major

SGYIC

daimler majestic major

Post by SGYIC »

i have a daimler majestic major 4.5 v8,when i got it it was missing the plug leads and distributor cap,ive now got new ones and im hoping some one can tell me the correct firing order,as i dont have a manual or any sort of diagram.thank you

JDB

Re: daimler majestic major

Post by JDB »

Order is 1L, 4R, 2R, 2L, 3R, 3L, 4L, 1R, rotor arm sweeps in an anticlockwise direction. 1L is located on the cap output next to the micrometer adjuster on the distributor body. I will try and post a scan of the relevant page from the manual but not sure how to following the changes to photobucket.
Hope this helps, JB

JDB

Post by JDB »

Here it is (I hope!):
IMG.jpg

SGYIC

Post by SGYIC »

thanks will give it a try,and let you know how i get on

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Hi Scott

Have you joined the DLOC? If not I suggest that you do; next year's Annual International Rally is at Peebles Hydro, 2nd to 9th June 19. It would be good to see you there.

Regards

Geoff

SGYIC

Post by SGYIC »

i would like to thank member JDB for the advice,the car now runs with the help of a gravity feed as the fuel pumps need attention,thank you JDB

JDB

Post by JDB »

No problem, glad I could help; also well done getting the engine running.
JDB