Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DE36 servo

Roark

DE36 servo

Post by Roark »

While it is possible to buy the internal seals to build these the small, telescopic seals that protect the sliding rods seem to be difficult to find? Does anyone know where these could be found or anyone who could rebuild the servo please?

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DE36 servo

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi John,
Sad no one has been able to help so far.
I will ask Mark Bearman in WA if he can help.
Cheers
Peter Grant

Roark

Post by Roark »

Thank you Peter. I have noticed that some posts on this forum never receive a response. Perhaps the contributors do not have knowledge of certain problems.
It is possible to buy seal kits for the Clayton Dewandre servos but it has not been possible to find the seals that cover the two rods on to of the servo

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi John,

Do these seals that you are looking for appear in the spare parts catalogue for the cars?

Cheers
Peter Grant

Roark

Post by Roark »

Peter, my apologies for the delay in replying.

On top of the Clayton deWandre servo are two rods which move backwards and forwards. Thus there is a rubber bellows on each which resembles a Christmas tree in shape, i.e. wide at one end, narrow at the other and as they are a bellows design this allows them to be compressed one moment and extended to full length the next.

I had thought to ask Brovex but they did not reply. There is also a chap called Bernie Smith in Northampton who makes the oval rubber bellows and backing plate that bolts to the rear brake plates for the actuating rods to pass through.

Given that the brakes on the DE models are the same as the ERF and Ford ET6 4 ton lorries of the same era I was also wondering whether someone who supplies parts for these could help us. A certain resident of Hong Kong might need some as well.

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi John,
That is excellent information, thanks for that.
I will refer it on to Mark and knowing that the brakes share parts with those lorry systems maybe useful to source parts in the future.
I hope the lorries stopped better than the big Daimlers, especially when carrying heavy loads!
Cheers
Peter