Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DR-450 chassis numbers

DR450USA

DR-450 chassis numbers

Post by DR450USA »

Aloha all,
okay I'll admit it, as unpopular as it may be I'm obsessed with the limo version of the Majestic Major. Even prior to owning two of them I started tracking all the DR-450s that I came across on the internet all over the world. Many were from auction sites like Bonhams or ebay. Some I captured were sadly scrapped but none the less I captured their chassis number, and perhaps ever the body number. I currently have 53 DR-450s on my list. I'd love to get more. I document the color, chassis number, tag number, year, owner, and country. Plus since I'm from the USA (Hawaii) I also capture whether it is right of left wheel drive. I only have 5 left steer cars listed and 9 listed in the USA. Please share your information if you have a DR-450. Thanks

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DR-450 chassis numbers

Post by Chris_R »

Here's a couple I found in a field in 2012, both from 1968. No idea though of the chassis numbers. Both got sold but no idea what happened to them. The white one was found with a complete engine in the boot (as well as one in the usual place at the front!).
2012-09-07-146.jpg
2012-09-07-148.jpg
2012-09-07-149.jpg

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Also you can try searching the Cars for Sale section of this forum and also in the old forum, there is a link on the main forum page and search in there also in the cars for sale section where you'll find lots of records including details of the 2nd last DR450 made and so on.

If you've got 53 on your list, you've only got another 950 (approximately) to go. :lol: Good luck.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi Douglas,
I have a list of chassis numbers for the Limo version. It is not as extensive as the saloon list but I will share it with you when I have time this weekend.

DR450USA

Post by DR450USA »

Thanks Marcus, I look forward to it. And thanks Chris, I went through the forum posts a while back and captured all..

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Do the chassis records for the DQ and DR survive at Gaydon? I know the SP group have copied theirs which was a big exercise. I can't remember the overall numbers for the MMs. Ssdly didn't keep a record of the two saloons that I had but one survives in Holland.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

h.j.thomassen

Post by h.j.thomassen »

simonp wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:36 am Do the chassis records for the DQ and DR survive at Gaydon?
SimonP
Yes, they do; small school-notebook sized with blue covers.
They have 719 DR450 cars and 1060 DQ450 cars.

Hendrik-Jan

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Hello Hendrik-jan

Oh that's interesting. I must ask to have a look sometime. One of mine was DRK800D Grey over Maroon and is in a museum in Holland somewhere. You might know where it is/was?!

Simon
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!