Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest Water pump

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Conquest Water pump

Post by Phillmore »

I've just removed the water pump from a strict Conquest (fiddly or what?!). I have been told to just remove the fan and pulley for an exchange unit and the manual and parts book make this sound feasible. However my fan and pulley seem to be secured by the centre nut and washer as well as the four bolts, which I wasn't expecting (and this appears to be the same on my other two Conquests). The parts book seems to show a domed centre on the fan which I assume is to allow it too fit over the nut (my fan obviously doesn't have this. The nut is castellated and pinned which suggests that it is tensioning the bearings? Do I return this nut on the shaft when sending off for the exchange unit and will I get one back on the exchange unit? I hope all this makes more sense to someone else than it does to me!
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

terryfrombury

Re: Conquest Water pump

Post by terryfrombury »

Hate to ask the obvious question, Andy, but why not ask whoever is doing the exchange unit?
Terry

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Conquest Water pump

Post by Phillmore »

Yes Terry that is the obvious answer. Just thought I'd check things out here to see if anyone had done the job recently. Just seemed a bit strange that all three Conquests were different to the manual and parts book?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster