Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Jaguar V8 super tyres.

Warsash 2

Jaguar V8 super tyres.

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
Although I have a 2008 Lwb super v8 which is for this purpose is the same as the Daimler. I was going to Scotland and a tyre blew at Shap on the M6 and was torn to shreds. The car was fitted with 20" wheels ( i think 9J X 20 ET 49 Wheels). as the spare was one of those space saver things I needed to get the tyre replaced. This was Friday lunch time but I tried 5 local tyre suppliers before I found some one who had one in stock in Carlisle 40 miles away. For varios reason I will be taking this car to the International and then on Italy for a couple of weeks. I think that any one having one of these cars with a space saver wheel should consider a proper wheel to allow time to find the proper replacement wheel. This is not as easy as it seems still looking for one. Margaret was driving at the time and the tyre looked like a F1 Pirelli tyre falling apart. The first we realised the tyre had gone was when chunks of rubber shot up in the air
Regards

Colin

Warsash 2

Re: Jaguar V8 super tyres.

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
all
I have bought a second hand wheel and tyre, although not the same design it will only be used as a spare, from EuroJag. The service was excellent and at £125 delivered with a very usable tyre I think it's excellent value. I will have the tyre checked out but even if it is no good it was only the icing on the cake.
Regards

Colin

Warsash 2

Re: Jaguar V8 super tyres.

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
The things you learn about tyres is amazing I went today to have the tyre on the new wheel checked. Whilst the tyre was legal and in good condition it was no use as a spare as it was only suitable for the nearside of the car. In trying to find a wheel I was amazed that some cars have different wheels back & front. So some of the wheels I looked at were only for the rear. What happened to rotating your wheels at the service? The chap at TyreCity was very interesting when discussing the difference in tyres fitted. Summer use, winter use you could spend a fortune on tyres wheels. With all the electronics on cars keeping them on the road is a black art that has passed me by.
Regards
Colin