Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Gear Select Pedal EL24

ron.rsp

Gear Select Pedal EL24

Post by ron.rsp »

I have a fair bit of side play on this, any thoughts on how to make better welcome.
The central oil system feed pipe is connected but has not been working, this may not
have helped!

Ron.

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Gear Select Pedal EL24

Post by theoldman »

Looks like a dismantle and re - bush job, alas, Ron, unless there is room to pack it out with a few washers, but the shaft is also shared by the brake pedal and you don't really want to tighten that up - so pack out with care ensuring the brake pedal still travels up and down freely!

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Thanks Neil, I did have a good look at the set-up and noticed they were linked, the brake pedal is fine.
Just another wee challenge to overcome!

Ron.

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

for what its worth, I had similar problem with The Duke - although its a DB18 I think the same principle.
In that case, the bracket supporting the shaft can be removed,although space between the bracket and the gearbox was tight, and the gear-pedal can be removed. Providing the shaft is ok, the pedal has a plain bush that can be knocked in and out easily and all will be well.
(plain bushes available on the internet at a couple of pounds each)

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Thank you for info, sounds encouraging as to the outcome, I have got bracket nuts moving today and was just wondering how it would all come apart, also tight between bracket and gearbox!

Ron.

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

I got the new bushes from David Beales . On my DB18 you just needed the floor out and you could jut do the job. David recommended drilling the foot pedal so the you could insert a small grease nipple to lubricate the bush

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

I now have dismantled but the bush is threaded at nine threads to the inch, not plain!
Any guidance welcome.

Ron
Attachments
Gear and Brake Pedals EL24
Gear and Brake Pedals EL24

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

After removal of both brake and gear select pedals the pics shows what I have.
Pedals have their own fittings and are not linked as we thought!

Ron
Attachments
_RSP1827.jpg
_RSP1825.jpg

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Hmmmm.......wonder if a helicoil would work?

N.
Normal for Norfolk

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Interesting thought Neil.