Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DE36 Radiator repair

Roark

DE36 Radiator repair

Post by Roark »

Could anyone recommend a company that can restore or rebuild the radiator from a DE36? It has been suggested that the two tanks should be removed and the matrix rodded through to ensure adequate cooling.
There are some that can make an aluminium radiator, does anyone have any comments on those please?

Christopher Storey
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: DE36 Radiator repair

Post by Christopher Storey »

I am wholly against aluminium radiators for the simple reason that the slightest damage to them nearly always renders them irreparable and therefore a write off . Just one small stone can do it, or a bit of carelessness with a tool

As far as refurbishment is concerned, I have had very good service from Northampton Autorads

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

might be worth asking them to fit a modern core for better cooling?

Roark

Post by Roark »

Thank you both for your response.

I had thought of finding a company such as the one in Northampton who could clear out the tanks and perhaps as Marcus has suggested fit a modern and more efficient core.

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

My view would be to go for a modern core design - my understanding is that they offer about 50% more cooling potential,
and these old cars need all the help they can get.

Not sure about who, but if the Northants guys are local, then a visit maybe helps.

(not sure about the success of trying to remove 60 years of deposits, but I bet its not 100% effective).

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

The Northampton Radiator people repaired the rad on my DB18 in 1995, they did a very good job. In those days they had a stand at Beaulieu.

Dennis

terryfrombury

Post by terryfrombury »

Northampton Rads also made me a radiator for the last car I rebuilt. It was a cracking job, reasonably priced and within a decent timescale.
Terry