Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

MASTER CYLINDER ADJUSTEMENT CONQUEST

ROSS70JEN

MASTER CYLINDER ADJUSTEMENT CONQUEST

Post by ROSS70JEN »

I AM TRYING TO SET UP THE BRAKES SYSTEM ON MY CONQUEST.
WHEN THE MASTER CYLINDER FAILED THE REAR BRAKES DID NOT WORK.THE FOOT PEDAL WENT TO THE FOOR WITH JUST A LITTLE REAR BRAKEING. IN THE STAND BY P[OSITION IE ON HAND BRAKE OR FOOT POWER THE MAIN JUNCTION LEAVER IS ABOUT CENTER IN THE MOVEMENT AREA IT LOOK LIKE THE LINK FROM THE PEDAL TO THE MASTER CYCLINDER IS A LITTLE SHORT.AS ALL THE LINKS CAN BE ADJUSTED.WHERE DO I START?

THANKS ADVICE PLEASE BRYAN

bakergh

Re: MASTER CYLINDER ADJUSTEMENT CONQUEST

Post by bakergh »

Hi Bryan

The attached photo shows the important two gaps and the position of the idler with the handbrake released.
Brakes.jpg
The idler position is adjusted with the brake pedal to master cylinder rod.
The rear brakes must be adjusted correctly then adjust the rear brake rod to the idler.
Gaps shhown in the photo should be 1/32" which equates to 1/8" freemovement of the brake pedal.

Hope this helps

Graham

ROSS70JEN

Re: MASTER CYLINDER ADJUSTEMENT CONQUEST

Post by ROSS70JEN »

MANY THANKS BRYAN