Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Aero body.

Robdavies

Aero body.

Post by Robdavies »

Good morning all,
Does anyone know if there are any of the beautifully styled aero bodied 15s still in existence?
I have hunted through everything Google has to offer, but the only illustration I can find is in the original catalogue that came with my car.
Have they all gone, or is there still some out there that have not made it onto the net?
Kind regards Rob.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: Aero body.

Post by grahamemmett »

Have you tried asking Clive Hawkins the 15 Registrar?
Contact details in the back of the Driving Member.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

nkh763

Post by nkh763 »

Hi Rob,

Do you have an image you can post please?

I have a 1935 15 coupe and saloon and would be interested in seeing the aero as it's not in the catalogue I have. What year was it released?

Cheers,
Nigel

nkh763

Post by nkh763 »

Hi Rob,

Do you have an image you can post please?

I have a 1935 15 coupe and saloon and would be interested in seeing the aero as it's not in the catalogue I have. What year was it released?

Cheers,
Nigel

Robdavies

Post by Robdavies »

Hello, yes I do and I'd be delighted to send you a picture. I'll dig out the catalogue and take a photo, I'm afraid I don't have a scanner so quality bit be a bit touch and go...
Cheers Rob.

Robdavies

Post by Robdavies »

Hello Nigel,
Here are the photos of the catalogue, it has 1936 faintly pencilled on the cover though it shows the 1937 models.
Mine is the six light pocket limousine model though as the body is in such a grim state I am tentatively toying with the idea of recreating a streamline aero body, although I'd hate to lose the original look of the car.
Anyway I'll try and attach the photos, cheers Rob.
PS I included a photo of mine for good measure, it would be nice to see yours too.
Attachments
tn.jpg
20180930_135125.jpg
20180930_135208.jpg

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

If you care to look at p.6 of the April 2009 edition of the DM, you will find a picture of such coachwork
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)