Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Majestic Major 6 KNX

Marcus

Daimler Majestic Major 6 KNX

Post by Marcus »

Hi,
Do any forum members have knowledge of a Daimler Majestic Major reg 6 KNX, originally black, now maroon over Silver. Last taxed around 1992.

Any information gratefully received.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler Majestic Major 6 KNX

Post by Chris_R »

Was for sale on ebay. Auction cancelled and bids cancelled after high bid of £1850 as "car is no longer available".
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Damiler-maje ... 663.l10137
DQ450-6KNX#2.jpg
DQ450-6KNX#3.jpg
DQ450-6KNX#5.jpg

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. There is a story behind that listing. I was contacted about the car around 8 weeks ago by a local ( Lincolnshire) friend of mine who runs a county garage. He is aware of my affection for the Majestic Major and told me that he had been asked to value the car by the widow of the owner. Evidently he ( Nigel Young) had owned the car for 18 years, during which he had undertaken some restoration but this has stalled. The car had been dry stored for much of that time, and whilst there is some rust, my friend who undertook the inspection told me that it was pretty good for its age albeit it not running.

The V5 has the details of the previous owner too, Brinley Adams, Peterborough.

Not currently having a Major close to being roadworthy I offered a reasonable sum for the car but was told that the vendor wanted GBP 5000, rather more than I had offered. I was also told that there had been interest from people looking to make a turn on the number plate.

I returned to Hong Kong shortly after and forgot about it until I was then contacted again asking whether I still wanted to purchase the car at the original offer I had made. I guess the vendor thought that it was unlikely to meet his reserve. I was still happy to do so ( it was a low offer) so 6 KXN now sits with my Dart awaiting my return to the UK later this year. The unusual thing about all of this is that the sale of the car was managed on behalf of the widow by a local banger racer, so I was a little surprised that it's fate had not been a rather different one.

I wondered whether it had been owned by a club member at any point. I have checked my chassis register and it was not known to me. It looks like a good clean is in order and the usual stuff undertaken to wake something up that has been asleep that long. The engine does turn over but there is minimal braking capability. The bumpers and bumper iron are with the car so can be reattached. I guess they were not replaced after painting.

A friend of mine collected it from Grantham and took the following pictures.
BFYV7487.JPG
BFYV7487.JPG
BFYV7487.JPG
BFYV7487.JPG
Attachments
knx 9 v2.jpg
IDOH2439.JPG
LDWB5505.JPG

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

No idea why one picture loaded so many times !! I only tried once.