Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DJ254 prop shaft

Crossley Stephenson

DJ254 prop shaft

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

Major milestone in the restoration today - engine/gearbox reunited with the chassis/body! Whoopee!

When I bought the 'project' the prop shaft had already been removed and I haven't found the bolts. The parts catalogue lists as follows:

Yoke bolt 6-73-GB3117 x 8
Nut 6-74-GB81 x 8
Lockwasher 6-75-GB39

Does anyone know what these numbers and letters mean? I need something I can tell my local bolt supplier. FWIW the hole size appears to be 3/8"

Cheers
Michael

Crossley Stephenson

Re: DJ254 prop shaft

And the pic
IMG_3216.JPG

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

Hello Crossley,

I am the DJ254 Joint Registrar for DLOC in England and have not got you on the list of owners in Australia. Would you mind sending me your car details please.

Sorry I can't help you with the bolt details.

Dennis

Crossley Stephenson

90515 Denis, just using an alias on the interweb for security reasons.

Cheers
Michael

bakergh

Post by bakergh »

Hi Michael
I do not know what the bolt references mean but the bolts are 3/8 UF partially threaded, 1 1/2 inches long hex head,
The nut is either a full nut 3/8 UF with an internal star lock washer or a 3/8 UF nyloc nut.
All the best
Graham

Crossley Stephenson

Thanks Graham. I thought 3/8 UNF etc. I was a bit interested as to why the catalogue would use 'code' in this instance whereas elsewhere in other applications it just says 3/8 UNF etc . So that we can understand it.

Cheers
Michael