Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB18 Engine Cylinder Pressures

clevitt

DB18 Engine Cylinder Pressures

Post by clevitt »

What sort of cylinder pressures should I expect for a relatively recently rebuilt but now fully run in DB18 engine? All 6 of mine produced 100 + or - 5psi, so nice and consistent but I recall figures of 120 to 130 when measuring the previous Daimler 2.5 V8 ? Perhaps that just reflects advances in engine design over the decade or so between those two engines or should I get the gauge checked for recalibration?.
Any advice or comments gratefully received.
Chris

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DB18 Engine Cylinder Pressures

Post by Db n j »

Chris,

100lb is fine, so relax !!

Hope you are enjoying driving your fine car ?

terryfrombury

Post by terryfrombury »

Well, Chris, I`m with David
The engine is c.70 years old, and presumably you don`t intend to race it, so personally I feel that the most important thing is to have the six figures within a reasonable degree of each other. The figures you quote sound wonderful to me! If five were reading 100 and the sixth 120, then I`d be worried.

clevitt

Post by clevitt »

David and Terry - thanks for the reassurance : good to hear from expert Daimler owners .
DId you get your oil leak sorted out David?
Chris

terryfrombury

Post by terryfrombury »

In my case, Chris- but not in David`s - "expert" = "ex" meaning "has-been" + "spert" meaning drip under pressure!
Onwards and upwards.