Please don't post someone's email address or, if you must, put spaces around the @ or change @ to (at). Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation after nr. as this negates search.
New sub-forum Club Documents & Information for DLOC members only. If you can't see the new sub-forum (inside DLOC Forum: Club & Branch News), please email John-B .

DB18 gearbox fail!

grahamemmett

Re: DB18 gearbox fail!

Post by grahamemmett » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:08 am

It’s only my opinion though! eBay it and if there are two people out there wanting it you’ll get the best price.
Is it too late to try to find a second hand gearbox?
Graham Emmett
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)
https://www.db18.org

thomas@prags.co.uk

Post by thomas@prags.co.uk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:31 am

Getting similar vibes from David B. - while the engine was in running order when it came out, that was about 25 years ago? so it will need repair and a general rebuild. I will hang on to it unless someone is going to make a really good offer.
Given that this car is for regular use - for a few years yet I hope - I try to keep the running bits in good condition - i have no wish to keep a nice looking car in the garage under wraps!
t

terryfrombury

Post by terryfrombury » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:30 am

Hate to say it, but I think you may be a little optimistic in thinking that the sale of the missus` Mini would cover the cost of the gearbox rebuild!

thomas@prags.co.uk

Post by thomas@prags.co.uk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:37 am

I am rather pleased that I have finally found a use for a collectors bottle of whisky I own - I think it is a sin to keep whisky unopened and untasted - but it turns out to be one of those that has collectors excited. It will provide the major contribution to the smooth running gearbox.