Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

daimler majestic major

Marcus

daimler majestic major

Post by Marcus »

Forum members, please note I will be listing the remains of a MM on ebay this week. The car is terminally rusty and has already been stripped of the reg number by a plate dealer. I have removed anything of value and the rest goes to the highest internet bidder, likely to be a racer. I am posting this in the hope that it prevents any postings expressing outrage at the end of such a "fine car". Anyone that really wants to restore a Major can contact me by PM. I have several better cars that are restorable and looking for a home.
major.jpg

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: daimler majestic major

Post by Chris_R »

I'm SHOCKED and OUTRAGED that a wonderful car like a Majestic Major is being listed for banger racing. :shock: :shock: :o :o :D :D
Looks better in your ebay pictures though! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daimler-Maje ... ctupt=true

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Far too much work to get it to banger racing standard 😂
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Well, someone's bid it up to ten quid so far :lol: :lol:

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Three hundred and ten now with four days to go.

Isn't it remarkable that a total wreck with not a lot left on it has reached over £300 ( No offence intended Marcus) and a useful Daimler 30's engine is sold for £100. Syd

DR450USA

Post by DR450USA »

Two weeks ago on another car forum there was a guy crushing over 20 Checker vehicles. The forum lit up with fury over such an unscrupulous act. The cars were mostly rusted beyond repair but the act was still offensive to many. Marcus, scrap away or banger it. I see no value in such a decomposed car. No offense to me. :D

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks Guys. I know a couple of local banger racers here in Lincolnshire. Having seen what they do from an engineering perspective to be able to get something like this pile of scrap up and running gives me a level of respect for their engineering abilities. I was unfamiliar with the amount of money, time and effort that is required to put in place new modern running gear and then get it painted. I recall one shell I sold years ago that was worse than the one listed. It was rotten everywhere, even the roof was holed. Yet the pictures of it at the raceway resplendent in its new coat of paint would have lead you to believe it was a solid car. It had patched brazed over the holes and copious amounts of filler used to smarten it up in addition the the structural steels added for safety. Obviously the first impact would undo most of that hard work but nevertheless the transformation was astounding. If you read my recent post about Majestic Major 6 KNX you will see that I purchased that car from a banger racer who realized it was too good to destroy, so they are not all monsters! To be clear, I am not condoning the theft or destruction of rare classics that are worth saving, but this subject does attract some rather extreme commentary in the classic car world.