Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler 15 radiator bypass line

bop

Daimler 15 radiator bypass line

Post by bop »

I was wondering if anyone out there knows why my radiator bypass line
8.JPG
was blocked off?
Both top
7.JPG
and bottom fittings
5.JPG
appear to be block off by solder.
The only reason that comes to my mind is that by blocking off the bypass, all coolant is forced through the radiator and maybe this helps cool a car that is prone to over heating???
Has anyone else come across this? Was this a common practice??
I am installing a heater and was going to tee off the bypass pipe for supply
9.JPG
and use fitting at water pump for return line. Anyone see any problems with this setup?
Lots of questions and hopefully some answers will come my way.
thanks Bob

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Daimler 15 radiator bypass line

Post by Petelang »

Hi Bop.
Well on my 1934 Fifteen, I don't have this by pass arrangement but a heater has been piped in, connected to the fitting shown on your water pump and tee'd into the top of the thermostat housing. It works well putting plenty of hot water into the matrix. My problem is a ply box has been created under the dash, neatly carpeted, to house a small fan, to draw heat into the saloon but it's about 3 candle power as far as heat distribution is concerned. I have an isolating valve in the 15 mm copper pipes, housed in the battery box to shut off in summer.
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.