Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Consort

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler Consort

Post by New Dexter »

Gentlemen, unfortunately we do not have the facility to tick "like" on this website. I have asked if this could be included but forget the reply. It would enable the OP to post a quick reaction and possibly later, come back with a detailed response expressing gratitude etc. It would be possible for others who have read the page and found it useful to give their thanks as well.
It is just possible that the OP has been busy, isn't a regular user of the internet or this page but if he is then a quick expression of thanks would be nice.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

I am a member of several forums and sadly this sort of thing happens all the time, some one has a panic, his car is promised for a family wedding, he asks an urgent question, either as a guest or by joining the forum, then does not respond when the answer is freely given by active members.

To be fair, our OP could be ill, could have had a family disaster, car crash or even been taken into custody for all we know, his car problem will have become insignificance.

Perhaps one day he will come back to us and explain why he has not responded and we will all learn why he appeared to have been so rude.

Not sure who is the most irritating, some one who joins the forum and takes up data space or some one who asks a question as a guest gets his answer and does not respond. Syd

mickeytwonames

Post by mickeytwonames »

I do apologise - but - After reading up on this and other straight six forums I decided it was time to change the diaphragm on the AC fuel pump as I thought that it might be a fuel starvation problem - when low and behold after I opened it up it was filthy - so I changed it over in twenty minutes. Sparked her up and away she went relishing the new fuel - so I took her out down a nice long straight through a village and back down a good long road - she roared away as I headed to my auto shop to run a compression test. As I pulled up at the lights a cloud of steam poured out from under the bonnet - I limped to the garage. Opening up the hood I found I had blown a core plug. That was just before Christmas. The Club stores were shut - so I parked up. Going back after the New Year I check a pot to find it full of water. Took the head off and discovered a burnout between pots 5 & 6. I have done all my prep - Checked the cylinders for ring problems - they are nice and tight. Tested the head for any warpage - straight as a dye.
Cleaned everything up - Carb included. Sprayed stuff black and TOMORROW all the part arrive - New gaskets etc and - hopefully, she will go back together and run like a good un.
Until I had seen inside I imagined all kinds of horrors and was prepared to walk away if I had to take the pistons out etc etc. But fortune, mild weather, a patient & diligent John Nash and an engine build like a B.S.H. have 'Hopefully' enabled me to get back in the game. So sorry for not getting back but I just put the whole thing out of my mind over Christmas. BTW - Happy New Year.
One Question if you have read this far - does anyone have some info on the Bellaway (i think) air filter - about the size of a catering tin of beans. Is there supposed to be a card filter or baffle in it? The one I have you can see the rocker cover vent hole through it so air just blows straight through. I shall be more attentive to the forum once I'm back on the road but I hope you understand. Beep Beep - MCP

mickeytwonames

Post by mickeytwonames »

Back on the road

mickeytwonames

Post by mickeytwonames »

I have driven 80 miles now. Everything is settled down and stable. The engine runs cooler, quieter and she takes Fish Hill - a 2.7 Km 10% ascent to the Cotswolds in her stride.

mickeytwonames

Post by mickeytwonames »

Clearly, a 'one strike and you're out forum'

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

No, not at all. The original responders have just moved on that’s all.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)