Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DF304 Tool Boxes

dtaylo30

DF304 Tool Boxes

Post by dtaylo30 »

Does anyone have pictures or can provide pictures of the fully loaded tool boxes in the boot of the Regency II
I have more tools than shown in the picture but don't know their correct location.
Also what should be in the small diagonal boxes on each side.
Attachments
20180727_150029_001.jpg

dtaylo30

Re: DF304 Tool Boxes

Post by dtaylo30 »

I have finally found a picture albeit only a small one.
It's in the Autocar magazine of 14 January 1955 on the final page of the road test for the car.
The road test reads very well. They were generally very impressed with the car.

dtaylo30

Re: DF304 Tool Boxes

Post by dtaylo30 »

Having found one picture of the tool boxes I have now got a copy of The Motor magazine of 6 October 1954 which also has a picture of the open boot of the car in its full length technical write up of the car.
However there is a major difference.
The picture shows a single tool box across the width of the bulkhead divided into three sections with a single full width door.
Could this be a prototype car that was used for the article and the tool box design changed for production?