Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Rear brake connection

pojanac

Rear brake connection

Post by pojanac »

Hallo,
I'm almost at the end of the DB18 SS restoration. I have lost one part: REAR BRAKE LINK, no. 33 on page 30 of spare parts catalogue.
Can someone tell me the dimensions of that part and where to incorporate it?
Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Opatija (Croatia),

Rajko Hlanuda

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Rear brake connection

Post by Db n j »

Hi,

I have had a look at the Parts Book.

I will check against our car(s) later, but just wanted to understand fully, Part 33 is joined to Parts 29 to 31.

Part 33 is joined to 37, which sits on top of the Axle.

Is it just Part33 Missing, or are there more parts lost ??

I believe the parts are common the the DB18 Consort, (which may help if you want to get a replacement)

regards

db

pojanac

Post by pojanac »

Hi,
Missing only part no 33.

Regards,

Rajko

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Rajko,

I think this link is between the long-rod that comes from the brake master cylinder (under the drivers seat).

It starts behind the rear wheel, and meets Part37, which hangs down from the axel.

(in other words, its the link between Part 31 and Part37)

I think you have 2 choices - advertise for part (remember same as DB18 Consort, Spports Special, and Hooper Empress) - it may be same as pre-war DB18,
but I dont have a parts book to confirm.

or

make one.

I have had a quick look, but dont have a spare, and I did check with Derek Sleigh who cant help either. I can send pictures if you send me a private email.

pojanac

Post by pojanac »

Hi,
Befor part 37 there is 26/27 and one short rod. I think part 33 has to be on one side of 26/27?

Can You make a photo of part 33 where is connected?

Thanks and regards,

Rajko

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

Hi Rajko,

Did you get my e-mail ??

db