Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Steering parts & wheel cylinders

JedFurneaux

Steering parts & wheel cylinders

Post by JedFurneaux »

Hi all,
Has anyone ever replaced the steering ball joints/wheel cylinders on pre war Daimlers?
I have play in three out of four ball joints and two 'sticky' wheel cylinders on my '34 LQ2/20.
According to the parts booklet the track rod ends and drag link ball joints share the same part number so presumably are identical. Logic suggests that many other pre war Daimlers used the same parts. Where can new ones be sourced?
Same applies for the wheel cylinders which according to the parts book are different front to back.
Any suggestions based on experience would be appreciated.
Finally I have up and down play on one king pin and have no idea how to fix that!
Help please!

Jeremy.

Rolf B.

Re: Steering parts & wheel cylinders

Post by Rolf B. »

Hello Jeremy,

all the new ball joints I needed to replace against the worn out ones on my 1933 Daimler 15 Sports Coupé I got from Derek Sleigh. You can find his address in his ad in the DLOC cub magazin "Driving Member".

Rolf B.

JedFurneaux

Re: Steering parts & wheel cylinders

Post by JedFurneaux »

Thank you, Rolf. I will check that out.