Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Going on a long trip

mickeytwonames

Re: Going on a long trip

Post by mickeytwonames »

Just got back from a 700 mile round trip. Only thing that went wrong was the Driver side bonnet pull cable snapped through corrosion at the nut.
Took the A7 into Edinburgh at dawn in sunshine and no traffic.
Cost quite a bit in petrol but worth it - Glorious
Attachments
IMG_20190802_110635_5CS.jpg

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Very good, festival show?

I get about 20 mpg which has dropped about 5 mpg since I bought the car. However I drive it faster now!
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Excellent news.
Let me repost your words from a couple of weeks ago
mickeytwonames wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:52 am Many thanks
As you all say - have confidence - I've driven the car on longish trip and have no problems since I reconditioned the car.
It's always the unexpected - I drove my Morris to Ireland after having down every flight check possibly. - Wound down the drivers window at the ferry and it stuck open - BTW it was raining.
People Ask - WILL IT MAKE IT?
My reply - It's a Daimler!
Michael
You had confidence. Did it make it? Your reply - It's a Daimler! Of course it did.

mickeytwonames

Post by mickeytwonames »

Finished a 700 mile round trip - Only one thing went wrong - Passenger side Bonnet opening cable broke.
What a joy to drive - entered Edinburgh on the A7 boarder road early morning with no traffic - Glorious!
Attachments
IMG_20190802_110635_5CS.jpg