Forum registration by users has been disabled because of many problem registrations from Russia. Email mail @ chalkevalley.info (delete spaces) if you wish to join the forum and an administrator will register you.
If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

Driven Nuts !

Robdavies

Driven Nuts !

Post by Robdavies » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Hello,
Regarding the Daimler 15, 1937.
Just a quickie, does the near side/portside rear axel nut,11/16 unfasten clockwise or anti clockwise.
The thread is very rusted and slightly damaged so its hard to tell, but it might undo the "wrong way" due to wheel rotation.
Better to know before heaving on it the wrong way.
Cheers to all, Rob.

Robdavies

Re: Driven Nuts !

Post by Robdavies » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Well, after a great deal of cleaning and checking I can tell you that the near side 11/16 axel bolt on a Daimler 15 unscrews anti clockwise in the normal way.

chrisjb

Re: Driven Nuts !

Post by chrisjb » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:37 am

I assume that it has a split pin to lock the nuts. I had a nut on a spare axle which would not budge. Usual soaking for days, heat etc. In the end I drilled parallel to the thread and then split it. Replacement castellated nuts are readily available/
Chris