Forum registration by users has been disabled because of many problem registrations from Russia. Email mail @ chalkevalley.info (delete spaces) if you wish to join the forum and an administrator will register you.
If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

Tool storage

GrahamH

Tool storage

Post by GrahamH » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:19 pm

DB18 Consort - Anyone know where the original tools are stored? I’ve found the starting handle clips under the bonnet but can’t see where the wheel brace or jack handle are supposed to be stored? Also were the hand tools hidden away anywhere.

Thanks

Graham

grahamemmett

Re: Tool storage

Post by grahamemmett » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:21 am

Hi Graham
There was a specially shaped box that fitted in the spare wheel compartment for the hand tools. I've only ever seen one and I have it! I'll send you a photo.
The larger tools were also stored in the spare wheel compartment held in place with braided straps that were screwed to the floor. Mine have long since disappeared buy somebody will have a photo of how they are arranged.

Best regards
Graham Emmett
Northwich, Cheshire
Joint DB18 Registrar (with Marcel Renshaw)
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)
https://www.db18.org

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:09 am

Thanks Graham, a photo would be great, I can make one to fit 👍🏻

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi Graham

I’ve managed to sort the battery box by changing the battery for another (new) one I had here, was bought for my land rover but not enough capacity (88amp and needed 110) the one I took out of ‘Doris’ the Daimler that the dealer fitted was 110 amps and too big for the box, the 88 amp fits beautifully👍🏻

could you send me a picture of the heater valve, I was wondering why mine won’t turn off and I’ve discovered that someone has removed it completely and I need to try and source one or adapt form another car

Thanks

Graham