Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Tool storage

GrahamH

Tool storage

Post by GrahamH »

DB18 Consort - Anyone know where the original tools are stored? I’ve found the starting handle clips under the bonnet but can’t see where the wheel brace or jack handle are supposed to be stored? Also were the hand tools hidden away anywhere.

Thanks

Graham
1951 Daimler DB18 Consort

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: Tool storage

Post by grahamemmett »

Hi Graham
There was a specially shaped box that fitted in the spare wheel compartment for the hand tools. I've only ever seen one and I have it! I'll send you a photo.
The larger tools were also stored in the spare wheel compartment held in place with braided straps that were screwed to the floor. Mine have long since disappeared buy somebody will have a photo of how they are arranged.

Best regards
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

Thanks Graham, a photo would be great, I can make one to fit 👍🏻

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

Hi Graham

I’ve managed to sort the battery box by changing the battery for another (new) one I had here, was bought for my land rover but not enough capacity (88amp and needed 110) the one I took out of ‘Doris’ the Daimler that the dealer fitted was 110 amps and too big for the box, the 88 amp fits beautifully👍🏻

could you send me a picture of the heater valve, I was wondering why mine won’t turn off and I’ve discovered that someone has removed it completely and I need to try and source one or adapt form another car

Thanks

Graham

Tristan10

Post by Tristan10 »

Hi Graham

Could you please send me a picture as well please

Thanks

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Post by John Hitchins »

Perhaps a picture on here for all of us. I still have an intact tool roll bit no box.