Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest gearbox

ROSS70JEN

Conquest gearbox

Post by ROSS70JEN »

my DJ 252 gear box has fierce take up in first or reverse.
I have the service manual page 16/18 but I do not understand it.
It say remove covers. The only cover I can see is the side selector cover. Is this as per fig G.27 and is it the right cover?
Do I need to drain the oil.
Do I need to remove top cover if so how?
many thanks Bryan

qantasqf1

Re: Conquest gearbox

Post by qantasqf1 »

Bryan, item 17 is the cover they’re talking about. Once that’s off all will be revealed. To eliminate the harsh action the pullrod adjuster needs to be turned clockwise about 1/4 turn. No need to drain the oil.
Attachments
5D01487F-4E36-415D-B296-299CCA9772FA.jpeg

ROSS70JEN

Post by ROSS70JEN »

many thanks how do I get to the top cover its under the back carpet?
Bryan

qantasqf1

Post by qantasqf1 »

Although I’m not familiar with the Conquest I’m sure the carpets can be lifted up exposing the floor panel which should be held down by a series of screws.
Steve