Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

mystery hub cap

thomas@prags.co.uk

mystery hub cap

Post by thomas@prags.co.uk »

DSC_2008_resize.JPG
[attachment=1]DSC_2009_resize.JPG[/attachme

A mystery hub cap I was given some years ago which is cluttering up the place. 275mm diameter not perfect but useable.
Any ideas which model it might belong to? Anyone need it?

thomas
Attachments
DSC_2009_resize.JPG

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: mystery hub cap

Post by New Dexter »

That looks like one from a Majestic Major.

DR450USA

Post by DR450USA »

I agree it looks like Majestic Major.

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

i’ve sent an email to the club registrar for the MM. Regards, Ranald

thomas@prags.co.uk

thanks!
t

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

It’s from a MM or strict Majestic 3.8 litre. Sadly not that rare thanks to the tendency of the major parts of the car to rust. I have approx 60 of them in my shed if anyone wants a full set. Funny how Daimler chrome seems to last so well.

thomas@prags.co.uk

that's fine - I can use it to decorate the garage or convert into ... something!
t

DR450USA

Post by DR450USA »

I hang 4 on the wall in my house.
Attachments
MM caps.jpg

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

thomas@prags.co.uk wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:57 pm that's fine - I can use it to decorate the garage or convert into ... something!
I suggest that you use it upside down in the garden as a bird bath. It will rust, of course, but if it's already in bad condition it will put it to good use rather than just a pretty picture. Four on the wall must be a sign of severe obsession. :o

DR450USA

Post by DR450USA »

:D agreed.
John-B wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:24 am
thomas@prags.co.uk wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:57 pm that's fine - I can use it to decorate the garage or convert into ... something!
I suggest that you use it upside down in the garden as a bird bath. It will rust, of course, but if it's already in bad condition it will put it to good use rather than just a pretty picture. Four on the wall must be a sign of severe obsession. :o