Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB18 oil filter mod.

qantasqf1

DB18 oil filter mod.

Post by qantasqf1 »

About 15 years ago I compiled an article describing how to fit a DB18 paper type oil filter element in place of the felt type. It was only after a couple of years’ driving that I found out the coil spring was too strong for the paper filter element. After realising the problem I bought a paper element from David Beales which is compatible with the hardware so the spring pressure is less of an issue. Additionally, no rework to the filter plate or adapter is needed with the filter supplied by David Beales. My only justification is that I compiled the article long before I knew about David Beales and the man to go to so I decided to modify the existing hardware to accomodate the only filter element I could source with dimensions very close to the felt type filter. However, if anyone had kept my article please destroy it. Apologies to all concerned.
Sack cloth and ashes,
Steve

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: DB18 oil filter mod.

Post by grahamemmett »

Thanks Steve, I've taken it off DB18.org

I've recently done the conversion to a spin off filter, so much easier.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

qantasqf1

Re: DB18 oil filter mod.

Post by qantasqf1 »

Thanks Graham.
Steve